The Gateway Arch is the world's tallest arch as well as the tallest man-made monument in the Western Hemisphere. The arch is in St. Louis, Missouri, US, and is a 192 meter tall (630 foot) weighted catenary arch that is covered in stainless steel. It is accessible to the public and is a popular tourist attraction and symbol of St. Louis. Its officially devoted to "the American people" after it was built as a monument to the westward expansion of the US, the Arch is also referred to as "The Gateway to the West".
Eero Saarinen was the Finnish-American architect who designed the Arch in 1947, however the construction began 16 years later on February 12, 1963 and then was completed on October 28, 1965 two years later. The Arch then opened to the public on June 10, 1967, on the west bank of the Mississipi River in St. Louis. The arch cost $13 million to build (the same as $80.6 million in 2018).
- 31 days from now, October 28, 2023, Gateway Arch celebrate 58th birthday
- 47 days from now, November 13, 2023, Gateway Arch celebrate 241st Mercury age
- 97 days from now, January 2, 2024, Gateway Arch celebrate exactly 510,000 hours
- 135 days from now, February 9, 2024, Gateway Arch celebrate 242nd Mercury age
- 143 days from now, February 17, 2024, Gateway Arch celebrate 31st Mars age
- 154 days from now, February 28, 2024, Gateway Arch celebrate exactly 700 months
- 193 days from now, April 7, 2024, Gateway Arch celebrate 95th Venus age
- 214 days from now, April 28, 2024, Gateway Arch celebrate 59th half birthday
- 223 days from now, May 7, 2024, Gateway Arch celebrate 243rd Mercury age
- 311 days from now, August 3, 2024, Gateway Arch celebrate 244th Mercury age