Grand Central Terminal
Railroad terminal in New York City, built (1903–13).
It covers 48 acres (19 ha) and has 44 platforms and 67 tracks on two levels, used by more than one million people a week.
Original Grand Central Depot, started construction on September 1, 1869, and was completed by October 1871. The improvements were completed in 1874.
By the late 1890s Grand Central Depot had reached its capacity.
In 1913, 11 years New York City banned all steam locomotives and switched to electrified trains. The reconstructed building was renamed Grand Central Station
You can find ther the iconic whispering gallery, have a game of tennis on regulation-size court in Vanderbilt Tennis Club opened for public, or have a look on a stylized star map on its lofty ceiling in main
concourse. It's provide dining, entertainment, shopping, history and luxury. Grand Central Oyster Bar and Restaurant has been serving up seafood in New York City for over 100 years.
The 10 chandeliers in Grand Central Terminal’s Main Lobby are decorated with gold and each holds 110 light bulbs
Outside of the building, overlooking 42nd Street, is the world’s largest Tiffany glass clock, measuring 13 feet in diameter.
All clocks (and therefore departure schedules) in Grand Central Terminal are fast by exactly one minute, giving all passengers 60 extra seconds to get to their train.
- 2 days from now, September 29, 2023, Grand Central Terminal celebrate exactly 970,000 hours
- 32 days from now, October 29, 2023, Grand Central Terminal celebrate 180th Venus age
- 51 days from now, November 17, 2023, Grand Central Terminal celebrate 460th Mercury age
- 66 days from now, December 2, 2023, Grand Central Terminal celebrate exactly 1330 months
- 95 days from now, December 31, 2023, Grand Central Terminal celebrate exactly 3,500,000,000 seconds
- 117 days from now, January 22, 2024, Grand Central Terminal celebrate 59th Mars age
- 128 days from now, February 2, 2024, Grand Central Terminal celebrate 111st birthday
- 139 days from now, February 13, 2024, Grand Central Terminal celebrate 461st Mercury age
- 186 days from now, March 31, 2024, Grand Central Terminal celebrate exactly 5,800 weeks
- 227 days from now, May 11, 2024, Grand Central Terminal celebrate 462nd Mercury age