Secretariat is a legendary racehorse that won the Triple Crown in 1973, becoming the first horse to do so in 25 years. He was born on March 30, 1970, in Virginia and was bred by Christopher Chenery. He was sired by Bold Ruler and out of Somethingroyal, by Princequillo.
Secretariat was known for his athleticism, power, and speed. He had an impressive racing career, winning 16 out of 21 races and setting numerous records, including the fastest time in the Kentucky Derby and the Belmont Stakes. His Triple Crown victory is widely regarded as one of the greatest achievements in sports history.
Secretariat was the recipient of numerous awards, including the Eclipse Award for Horse of the Year in both 1972 and 1973. He was inducted into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in 1974, becoming the first horse to be elected in his first year of eligibility.
After his retirement from racing, Secretariat continued to make an impact in the horse racing world. He was syndicated and stood at stud at Claiborne Farm in Kentucky, where he sired many successful racehorses, including 1978 Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew. Secretariat died suddenly on October 4,
- 2 days from now, September 29, 2023, Secretariat horse celebrate 54th half birthday
- 9 days from now, October 7, 2023, Secretariat horse celebrate 87th Venus age
- 44 days from now, November 10, 2023, Secretariat horse celebrate exactly 470,000 hours
- 61 days from now, November 27, 2023, Secretariat horse celebrate exactly 2,800 weeks
- 78 days from now, December 14, 2023, Secretariat horse celebrate 223rd Mercury age
- 136 days from now, February 10, 2024, Secretariat horse celebrate exactly 1,700,000,000 seconds
- 166 days from now, March 11, 2024, Secretariat horse celebrate 224th Mercury age
- 185 days from now, March 30, 2024, Secretariat horse celebrate 54th birthday
- 234 days from now, May 18, 2024, Secretariat horse celebrate 88th Venus age
- 246 days from now, May 30, 2024, Secretariat horse celebrate exactly 650 months