The Tower Bridge was built between 1886 and 1894 and then was opened by the Prince and Princess of Wales, and now is a classical image of London. The bridge crosses the River Thames and is a bascule(movable bridge) and suspension bridge engineered by Sir John Wolfe Barry and Sir Horace Jones who was the architect. It is one of the five London bridges that are owned and maintained by the Bridge House Estates.
The bridge deck is accessible and free to pedestrians and vehicles but to see the towers and Victorian engine rooms a charge is required.
The Tower Bridge consists of two bridge towers that are tied together at the upper level by two horizontal walkways which allow the bridge to lift when ships pass through, by the motion of the bascule pivots which are found at the vase of each tower along with the operating machine.
- 37 days from now, November 4, 2021, Tower Bridge celebrate 207th Venus age
- 51 days from now, November 18, 2021, Tower Bridge celebrate exactly 67,000,000 minutes
- 59 days from now, November 26, 2021, Tower Bridge celebrate 529th Mercury age
- 93 days from now, December 29, 2021, Tower Bridge celebrate 128th half birthday
- 95 days from now, January 1, 2022, Tower Bridge celebrate exactly 1530 months
- 147 days from now, February 22, 2022, Tower Bridge celebrate 530th Mercury age
- 190 days from now, April 6, 2022, Tower Bridge celebrate exactly 1,120,000 hours
- 235 days from now, May 21, 2022, Tower Bridge celebrate 531st Mercury age
- 238 days from now, May 24, 2022, Tower Bridge celebrate 68th Mars age
- 261 days from now, June 16, 2022, Tower Bridge celebrate 208th Venus age