Patrick Swayze was an American actor, dancer, and singer best known for his roles in popular films such as Dirty Dancing (1987), Ghost (1990), and Point Break (1991). He was born on August 18, 1951 in Houston, Texas to Jesse Wayne Swayze, an engineering draftsman, and Patsy Yvonne Helen Swayze, a choreographer, dance instructor, and dancer.
Patrick Swayze was a keen dancer from a young age, and his mother was his dance teacher. He trained and competed professionally in ballet and modern dance forms. He was best known for his portrayal of heroic leading men for which he initially gained recognition on the big screen.
In the early 1980s, Swayze had a successful career as a dancer and appeared in multiple television movies, series, and miniseries. He achieved worldwide fame after his lead role in the 1987 hit romance film Dirty Dancing. His portrayal of Johnny Castle won him a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor. Following this, Swayze starred in a number of popular films, including Ghost (1990), Point Break (1991), and To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar (1995).
In addition to his film career, Patrick Swayze was a successful singer. He released his debut album, She’s Like the Wind, in 1987. The single of the same name charted on the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at number three.
In the early 2000s, Swayze was diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer. He underwent treatment but eventually succumbed to the illness in 2009. Despite his passing, his legacy continues and he is remembered as an icon of cinema.
Throughout his life, Patrick Swayze had a successful film career, starred in numerous television movies, series, and miniseries, and recorded and released an album. He is remembered as an icon of cinema, and his name will forever be synonymous with one of the greatest leading men in film history.
Birthday parties and gifts
Patrick Swayze was known for throwing massive, elaborate birthday parties. On his 42nd birthday in 1993, he celebrated with a “Great Gatsby” themed party in the Hollywood Hills that included 250 guests and endless champagne. He was known to be generous with his birthday gifts, and on his 50th birthday, he reportedly gave each of his guests a Tiffany lamp worth $1500.
Interesting facts related to Patrick Swayzes’ age
At the time of filming his iconic movies, Patrick Swayze was in his mid-thirties. He was 35 years old when he played Johnny Castle in Dirty Dancing (1987), 37 when he played Sam Wheat in Ghost (1990), and 36 when he starred as Johnny Utah in Point Break (1991). Despite his age, he was able to bring an incredible amount of charisma and enthusiasm to every role he took on.
Patrick Swayze was 57 years and 27 days old when he passed away in 2009. He had an extensive acting career that spanned over four decades and his most iconic roles.
Interesting calculations/facts about Patrick Swayze
What happened on Patrick Swayze birthday
What happened on Patrick Swayze day of death
Recommended celebrities from age.ninjaKurt Cobain, Elon Musk, Walt Disney, Elvis Presley, Donald Trump
- 30 days from now, October 25, 2023, Patrick Swayze celebrate exactly 26,000 days
- 42 days from now, November 6, 2023, Patrick Swayze celebrate 6th Jupiter age
- 68 days from now, December 2, 2023, Patrick Swayze celebrate 296th Mercury age
- 95 days from now, December 29, 2023, Patrick Swayze celebrate 116th Venus age
- 108 days from now, January 11, 2024, Patrick Swayze celebrate 178th turtle age
- 134 days from now, February 6, 2024, Patrick Swayze celebrate 38th Mars age
- 145 days from now, February 16, 2024, Patrick Swayze celebrate 72nd half birthday
- 156 days from now, February 28, 2024, Patrick Swayze celebrate 297th Mercury age
- 206 days from now, April 18, 2024, Patrick Swayze celebrate exactly 860 months
- 244 days from now, May 26, 2024, Patrick Swayze celebrate 298th Mercury age